Mike VanderKallen is a commercial photographer, based in Grand Rapids Michigan.
Mike. . .
- . . .still gets excited lighting things, creating sassy highlights and interesting shadows
- . . .dislikes writing about himself in 3rd person
- . . .likes his right brain more than the left
- . . .once upon a time studied Art and Design at the University of Michigan
- . . .honed his lighting skills in what were known as photo factories in Detroit (large commercial car studios with many talented photographers)
- . . .married to Barb – wonderful, exuberant, outgoing designer who also graduated from the University of Michigan – my best friend, and partner
- . . .loves spending time with family, Barb, Kara, Grant and a pack of dogs – Leo, Wallace, and Jack
- . . .likes beaches, movies and vintage cars
- . . .can’t imagine a job other than commercial photography
Some of our clients include. . .
- Gordon Food Service
- Herman Miller
- Wolverine World Wide